This Post-Master’s Research Associate will work closely with TCPoly, a company within the Innovation Crossroads program at Oak Ridge National Laboratory, to fabricate and test thermally conductive polymer composites for additive manufacturing applications.
· Master’s degree in chemical, materials, mechanical, or systems engineering
· Passion for energy, environmental sustainability, and advanced manufacturing technologies
· Experience working in a hands-on experimental laboratory
· Excellent written, oral, and presentation communication skills
· Excellent critical-thinking skills and the ability to independently develop creative ideas
· Ability to manage time wisely and map out experimental plans to meet deadlines
· Demonstrated ability to contribute collaboratively to a team
· Demonstrated ability to design engineered systems
· Preferred experience with 3D printing, heat transfer, thermal simulation software, product development and polymer composite formulations
The ORNL Post-Master’s Research Associates Program is administered by Oak Ridge Associated Universities through its contract with the U.S. Department of Energy to manage the Oak Ridge Institute for Science and Education (ORISE).
ORAU is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability); visit the ORAU website for required employment notices.