The EPA Environmental Research and Business Support Program has an immediate opening for a full-time IT Associate with the Office of Research and Development at the EPA facility in Cincinnati, OH.
The Office of Research and Development at the EPA supports high-quality research to improve the scientific basis for decisions on national environmental issues and help EPA achieve its environmental goals. Research is conducted in a broad range of environmental areas by scientists in EPA laboratories and at universities across the country.
What the EPA project is about
The Office of Science Information Management (OSIM) within ORD supports the scientific research-specific information management and information technology (IM/IT) needs of ORD researchers. The Program Management Services Division within OSIM is seeking an individual, at least 18 years of age who has completed a Bachelor degree, preferably in Information Technology or Information Management, to assist with the analytical and operational support duties required to support and maintain a robust IM/IT program.
What you will be doing
As a team member, you will assist OSIM PMSD with a wide range of analytical and operational support duties, as required and include but are not limited to the following tasks:
- Assisting in the creation and maintenance of an ORD IM/IT policy intranet site to improve communication approaches that reach more customers;
- Supporting OSIM’s Service Catalog and developing appropriate policy items, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), guidance documents, delegation matrices, etc., covering all major OSIM official activities; and
- Supporting OSIM’s role in management of mobile devices for international travel. Such support will include review of travel database entries, weekly mobile device communication steps for new travelers, and an in-depth understanding of EPA’s related policy and guidance to better support OSIM’s customers.
Communication and Outreach Support
- Assisting compilation of information for data calls and staff weekly highlights; drafting and coordinating reviews of memorandums, action transmittals, and information transmittals using appropriate templates; preparing information needed for management approval; and revising as directed;
- Assisting in the logistics and coordination activities for briefings, meetings, workshops, and other collaborative efforts;
- Updating OSIM intranet sites using Drupal or other web management software;
- Assisting teams in developing oral presentations using graphics and other interactive formats;
- Assisting in developing summary analysis documents of results and impacts from assigned activities; and
- Completing all associated SharePoint training modules, and designing, constructing, and managing SharePoint sites for OSIM projects as needed.
Data Analysis and Reporting Support
- Researching, collecting, analyzing, summarizing data, and preparing reports and presentations in support of an information technology and information management line of business;
- Analyzing, cross-referencing, and synthesizing data from various information sources (e.g. spreadsheets, applications, databases, documents, websites) and preparing reports and presentations;
- Coordinating data collection activities including quality assurance, validation, analysis, spreadsheet development, and reporting;
- Assisting in maintaining the data integrity of areas such as OSIM’s Working Capital Fund agreements or investment review results and preparing reports and ad hoc analyses in support of cost savings and management efficiency;
- Determining approaches and SOPs to collect and validate performance metrics; and
- Assisting with ORD internal report preparation or external reporting such as those required by the Executive Office of the White House, Office of Management and Budget for Capital Planning and Investment Control (CPIC).
Desired Expertise, Skills, Education, and/or Experience include:
- Demonstrated leadership skills and experience working in teams;
- Strong communication skills (i.e., written, oral, telephone etiquette, presentation abilities), including effective multi-media technical communications;
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (i.e., Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, [Access a plus]), desktop publishing, and the Internet;
- Ability to learn and apply new technologies;
- Experience in operational support functions (i.e., recordkeeping, filing) and managing records (electronic and hardcopy) or databases;
- Excellent proof reading and editing skills; and
- Experience with operational support and business procedures and IM/IT practices in the federal government or other large organization desirable.
Location: This job will be located at EPA’s facility in Cincinnati, OH.
Hours: Full time.
Salary: Selected applicant will become a temporary employee of ORAU and will receive an hourly wage for hours worked at a rate of $21.75 per hour.
Travel: Occasional overnight travel may be required.
Expected Start Date: The position is full-time and expected to begin in April 2020. The initial project is through May 14, 2020 with potential optional periods.
For more information, contact EPAjobs@orau.org.