- Artificial Intelligence - Clean Energy and Renewable Sources: Wind, Solar, Geothermal, Biomass and Hydropower
- Climate Change - Cybersecurity - Electricity - Emergency Response - Energy Efficiency - Energy Storage
- Environmental Science - Fossil Energy: Oil, Coal and Natural Gas - Hydrogen & Fuel Cells - Advanced Manufacturing
- Management and Operations - National Security - Nuclear Energy and Security - Vehicles
- Science - Technology - Mathematics - Engineering - Computer, Information, and Data Sciences
- Business, Communications and Other Non-Science & Engineering - Social and Behavioral Sciences
If you answer yes to any of these questions, the DOE Scholars Program is for you!
The DOE Scholars Program is designed to attract talented undergraduate and graduate students, and recent graduates to opportunities designed to prepare and motivate participants toward the full range of entry and mid-level research, technical and professional positions within U.S. Department of Energy (DOE)
As a participant in the DOE Scholars Program, you will have the opportunity to explore a federal career with DOE and gain a competitive edge as you apply your education, talent and skills in a variety of settings within the DOE complex.
Visit https://orise.orau.gov/doescholars/ for additional information or contact us at email@example.com.
- Undergraduate students: starting at $700/week
- Graduate students and postgraduates: starting at $750/week
- Inbound/Outbound Travel: Up to $1,000 for participants who relocate more than fifty miles, one-way, from the assigned hosting site.
- Other allowances: Depending on your project assignment, duration of appointment and funding availability, you may be eligible to receive an allowance for travel and training to promote the educational goals of your appointment.
- Opportunities may be available at DOE Headquarters in Washington DC, and DOE Field Offices and other participating DOE sites across the nation.
- Some appointments in 2024 may be offered virtually.
- Appointments duration may depend on the availability of the participant and the hosting facility.
- Appointments can start at any time during the year at the discretion of the DOE sponsoring office. Appointment extensions may be granted based on the needs of the sponsoring office and the candidate's availability.
Nature of Appointment
The participant will not enter into an employee/employer relationship with ORISE, ORAU, DOE, or any other office or agency. Instead, the participant will be affiliated with ORISE for the administration of the appointment through the ORISE appointment letter and Terms of Appointment.
A complete application consists of:
- Profile Information
- Essay Question (goals, experiences, and skills relevant to the DOE Scholars Program)
- Resume (PDF)
- Transcripts/Academic Records - Unofficial transcripts or copies of the student academic records printed by the applicant or by academic advisors from internal institutional systems may be submitted. Transcripts/Academic Records must include name of the academic institution, name of the student, completed/in progress coursework and grades. Documents must have all social security numbers, student identification numbers, and/or dates of birth removed (blanked out, blackened out, made illegible, etc.) prior to uploading into the application system.
- Academic or Professional Recommendation - You are encouraged to request a recommendation from a professional who can speak to your abilities and potential for success as well as your scientific capabilities and personal characteristics. Recommenders will be asked to complete a recommendation in Zintellect. Recommendations submitted via email will not be accepted. Recommendations must be submitted by Thursday, February 29, 2024,11:59 pm Eastern Standard Time.
All documents must be submitted via Zintellect. All application components must be received in the system in order to be considered.
Connect with ORISE...on the GO! Download the new ORISE GO mobile app in the Apple App Store or Google Play Store to help you stay engaged, connected, and informed during your ORISE experience and beyond!