Components of the online application are as follows:
Submitted documents must have all social security numbers, student identification numbers, and/or dates of birth removed (blanked out, blackened out, made illegible, etc.) prior to uploading into the application system.
If you have questions, send an email to email@example.com. Please list the reference code of this opportunity in the subject line of the email.
All documents must be in English or include an official English translation.
This appointment is a twelve month research appointment, with the possibility to be renewed for additional research periods. Appointments may be extended depending on funding availability, project assignment, program rules, and availability of the participant.
Participants will receive a stipend to be determined by DHA. Stipends are typically based on the participant’s academic standing, discipline, experience, and research facility location. Other benefits may include the following:
Nature of Appointment
The participant will not enter into an employee/employer relationship with ORISE, ORAU, DOD, or any other office or agency. Instead, the participant will be affiliated with ORISE for the administration of the appointment through the ORISE appointment letter and Terms of Appointment.
While participants will not enter into an employment relationship with DOD or any other agency, this opportunity will require a suitability investigation/background investigation. Any offer made is considered tentative pending favorable outcome of the investigation.
• Possess a Master's Degree or PhD in Cell Biology, Toxicology, Pharmacology, or closely related discipline
• Have demonstrated professional competence and success in the form of peer-reviewed publications and presentations
• Display knowledge and competency is pharmacokinetic modeling, absorption, distribution, metabolism, and excretion pathways
• Have practical and functional knowledge of computational algorithms used in predicative toxicology (e.g TOPKAT)
• Have bench skills including proficiency in cell culture, and in vitro screening assays such as ATP, LDH, MTT/WST, microscopy, ELISA, DNA/RNA isolation and rtPCR.
• Familiarity with graphing software such as Graphpad Prism and Sigma plot
• Have excellent independence and communication skills